Building a career with Datonomy allows you to work on projects that interest you, and with the tech stack that appeals to you most. Diverse teams comprising a variety of cultures, ages and backgrounds are proven to be more effective – this also ensures that teams don’t become rigid and change-averse.
Datonomy invites you to embrace the future of work. Consulting gives you the flexibility to co-create your career with clients who rely on your unique skillset. The beauty of the model is that you can choose the length of your engagement with each client – you may want to spend a year or two rolling out a major programme, or just a few months designing a product feature.
At Datonomy, we want to collaborate with you to achieve your goals, personally and professionally, and that is why we want like-minded people to join our growing team.
BUSINESS ANALYST (Intermediate) x 2
Type: Contract (12 months) Cape Town
Intermediate BA with excellent business process mapping skills.
BAs are expected to be organised and methodical, and able to give accurate progress reports. In short, they must be self-managing and able to lead their own project work.
Experience with ERP systems is advantageous.
Visio experience is advantageous.
- The Business Analyst role reports to the Architecture and Planning Manager.
- The role requires the incumbent to spend their time as a business/process analyst on a variety of projects.
- The size & scope of projects range from small to large.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Business analysis
- Gather, understand and document business processes at a conceptual level as well as detailed functional levels
- Ability to translate business processes and business rules into documented business requirements
- Liaise with individuals and teams to ensure requirements are clearly understood for appropriate solutions to be designed
- Bridge the gap between business/clients and the technical teams for assigned projects/tasks
- Ensure that requirements and defined solutions link to the business goal/owner and can be measured or decomposed to measurable requirements Requirements analysis Clearly express and document stakeholder desires and/or current organizational state using a combination of textual formats, models, diagrams, and matrices
- Understands appropriate use of various analysis techniques and approaches
- Define the requirements in terms of business, processes and user requirements
- Documents business processes, rules and requirements as required per project. Solution assessment & validation
- Assess when multiple solutions are available, effectively evaluate which option will deliver the greatest business value
- Proactively seeks to identify how the users have adapted and/or modified the solution and why
- Guide and provide input to high-level design of the solution using textual formats, models, diagrams, and matrices Testing analysis
- Assist with defining Testing requirements, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Functionality Testing.
- Assists with defining test cases with the business users Assists with mapping of test cases to requirements
- Review, assess and provide input to resolve test defects when required Co-ordination and planning
- Must be able to organize prioritized work
- Ensure that projects and assigned tasks are managed constructively to meet delivery dates
- Report on progress of work being planned and work in progress
- Contribute to internal and external communication regarding project status updates.
- Tertiary qualification in Business/Process Analysis; Information Systems and Technology; Computer Science
- IIBA or Business Analysis qualification is an advantage
- Understanding of ERP systems and processes is an advantage Experience:
- 3 years minimum experience as a Business/Process Analyst
- Experience in analyzing and documenting business processes Experience with multiple project disciplines, e.g. Agile is an advantage
- Experience in change management is an advantage
- Experience in project co-ordination/project management is an advantage
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical/business process analysis skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong documentation and specification skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Ability to work indedendently and self-managing
- Self-motivated and energetic
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to adapt to change
- Knowledge of applicable methodologies, tools, standards, and procedures is an advantage