One of South Africa’s favourite brands, a long standing, listed entity with a strong national presence is looking to appoint a Company Secretary.
Based at the Group Head Office, reporting to the Group Financial Director, the successful incumbent will be responsible for partnering with the business to provide statutory, Company Secretarial and Administrative services and advice.
- CIS or similar tertiary qualification.
- A minimum 5 years’ experience as a Company Secretary.
- Listed company experience will be a strong advantage.
- Proficiency in legislation relevant to the position.
- Computer literacy (MS Office) Excel and Powerpoint are essential.
Key Performance Areas:
- Performing statutory and non-statutory duties.
- Ensuring compliance with the requirements of the Companies Act and JSE requirements for the Group.
- Acting as Secretary to the Executive Committee, Board Committees, and Group Committees.
- Administration of all loan agreements and maintenance of loan statistics.
- Administration of the share incentive scheme.
- Monitoring compliance.
- Responsibility for annual insurance declarations, insurance claim monitoring, general insurance issues and queries.
- Liaison with Trademark Attorneys on the registration, renewal and cancellation of trademarks.
- Oversee the company’s ethics and compliance program.
The ideal candidate will display the following skills:
- A strategic thinker who has strong drive for innovative ways of resolving business challenges.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Must be deadline driven with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong numeric skills and sound financial acumen.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build strategic working relationships at all levels and engaging and influencing at Executive level.
- A high degree of confidentiality and integrity.