Our listed client, is a supplier of an extensive range of quality products to many industries in Africa and the World.
Purpose of this role:
- Manage the Accounts Payable department and the corporate audit, tax, audit and risk management functions in the organisation to minimise risk exposure and ensure compliance to the required financial acts, guidelines and regulations.
- Report to: GM: Corporate Finance.
Minimum Qualifications required:
- Qualified Accountant CA (SA).
- Strong academic record of success.
Minimum experience required:
- Minimum 3 to 5 years post-qualifying experience.
- Management of Head Office finance / corporate accounting function in a medium to large corporate environment.
- Financial Reporting, Accounting and Systems:
- Manage the external financial reporting of the group.
- Monitor compliance and provide guidance on Acts and regulations governing financial processes and systems.
- Advise on the accounting, tax, valuation and governance requirements and implementation of share incentives and remuneration.
- Oversee taxation in the group
- Minimise tax risk.
- Corporate Governance and Risk Management:
- Lead the group’s risk management processes.
- Participate and attend the different risk management meetings.
- Provide guidance and advice of risk management issues.
- Internal Controls:
- Implement group-wide internal controls.
- Develop and maintain an internal knowledge management control strategy, plan and monitor programme for the group.
- Implement controls in the financial reporting systems.
- Implement controls for the key financial processes (including debtors/sales, procurement/creditors, cash, fixed assets and treasury).
- Financial Audit and Assurance:
- Manage the group’s internal financial audit function.
- Oversee the outsourced internal audit service providers.
- Oversee the findings and reporting of the internal audit process.
- Oversee the external financial audit process.
- Oversee assurance processes.
- Fraud and Assurance Management:
- Lead a fraud/ethics committee.
- Develop, review and maintain fraud strategies, programmes and policies.
- Implement fraud management strategies, programmes and policies.
- Corporate Accounting Function:
- Manage, through the Financial Accountant, the accounts payable function.
- Manage the accounting function related to fixed assets and Capex.
- People Engagement, Management and Development:
- Design the optimal structures to ensure effective performance in the Creditors department.
- Assist with the recruitment and development of competent and motivated staff in the Creditors department.
- Talent and performance management.
- Employee relations and employment.
- Strategic Projects and Business Planning.
Please note, if you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful.