Our client, a large global manufacturing company seeks a Group Manager: Security, who will report to the Factory Head and be responsible for 7 Sites around South Africa.
Overall Job Purpose:
- Responsible for security, ensuring loss prevention and legal compliance by means of effective pro and reactive security measures for 7 Sites.
- Degree in Security Management or Police Management.
- Knowledge of the SAPS and/or private security industry and physical security practices.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in Physical Security Management.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Management Safety compliance background.
- Physical Security – Strategic and operational level to ensure effective proactive security to prevent loses damages and ensure legal compliance
- Staff Management – Discipline management, training & development in security practice to ensure staff possess right skills for the environment to delivery effective security service.
- Budget and Contract Management – to ensure that the company receives quality service receded from service provider within stipulated budget.
- Security Advisory and Security Risk Assessment – to ensure a secure environment for assets, persons, operations and services.
- Stakeholder Engagement – Customers, staff, special events.
- Enforcement of safety and active participation in emergency preparedness.
- Report writing and presentation for senior management.
- Physical and electronic security management.
- Fleet management and control:
- Management of a fleet of 19 vehicles.
- Management of VIP transport safety and security requirements.
- Transport co-ordination/scheduling.
- Co-ordinating factory landscaping sand cleaning service.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understanding the business.
- Customer focus.
- Openness to learning.
- Planning and analysis.
- Action orientation.