This large FMCG Corporate is currently looking for a suitably qualified Group Operations Cost Accounting Specialist.
Reporting to the Group Operations Finance Head, you will be responsible for developing, standardising, implementing, and managing the cost accounting process across the business, which includes establishing the true production cost by major SKU across the group as an integral input into supply chain optimisation decisions.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:
- B.Com Accounting or similar.
- CA and/or CIMA or equivalent preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in cost accounting, specifically standard costing methodology (governance and associated systems and processes).
- Specialist in cost accounting (including standard costing), using external business experience.
- Experience in Consumer Products or FMCG environment is an added advantage.
- Sound business and commercial acumen.
- Experience working in a range of Africa markets and working with teams in Africa.
Key Performance Areas:
- Develop, co-ordinate and run the cost accounting process for Manufacturing Operations.
- Develop and implement standard cost accounting and related governance processes, together with ensuring a clear link and standard methodology to how business establishes its product and downstream inventory values.
- Develop and implement a framework to establish true cost of production across major SKU’s within each business. Working with Group Commercial Performance team, extend framework to a full cost-to-serve methodology and model.
- Custodian of the operations cost architecture in an ERP system, such as Tranquility.
- Govern all Operation’s related Tranquility chart of accounts, ensuring a standard architecture and consistent application is in place across the group (benchmarking).
- Implement standard operating procedures, governing the level of detail against which operational budgets are developed together with associated governance processes.
- Develop new processes using technology to automate manual work. Implement and ensure adoption of these processes.
- Provide adhoc Finance support on projects to the Group Manufacturing and Procurement departments.
- Conscientious and able to work independently.
- Detail-orientated with the technical aptitude and ability to perform tasks accurately and comprehensively.
- Ability to cope and thrive under pressure.
- Deadline driven.
- Proactive and confident to make recommendations and decisions.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication, influencing and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to innovate – solutions.
- Advanced skills in MS Office and ERP system such as Tranquility.
- Must be prepared to travel.