This large manufacturing company is currently looking for an Information Systems Manager to run the IT department. The ideal candidate will have solid experience in the area of leadership and management as well as hands-on experience in functional operations. An all rounder who can rely on a strong IT team for support.
The successful candidate will need to take this business to the next generation of IOT (Internet of things). The 4th industrial revolution is here and the suitable candidate for this position must be aware of that!
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Degree or B.Tech in IT Studies.
- 7 to 10 years hands-on manufacturing experience – strong pref. Petro/FMCG.
- 3 to 5 years management experience, e.g. managing a team.
- Strong SAP experience.
- Effective Shareholder and admin experience.
Key focus areas will include
- IT Network / infrastructure (Lan, Servers, etc.)
- Systems MES (Plant software, anti-virus, etc.)
- Project management.
- Business Governance and Controls management.
- IT Strategy and Stakeholder management.
- SAP support CO/FI.
Overall Job Purpose:
- The IS Manager will act as the single point accountable leader for the management and maintenance of all IT and related systems and infrastructure within the company.
- Define and implement world class Information Technology Systems Business Strategies, policies/procedures, governance frameworks and standards.
- Manage the anchoring and integration of new and existing Information Technology Systems at the company ensuring that any changes to the business systems are captured enhanced according to the Business Process Analysis.
Business and Financial Accountabilities:
- Authorise all expenditure within the approved budget.
- Prepare the annual budgets, i.e. Opex and Capex.
Operational Processes Accountabilities:
- Ensure IT Infrastructure strategies are observed and adhered to.
- Provide technical and non-technical support to internal/external customers.
- Conform to and support systems management disciplines including software & hardware change requests.
- Maintain overall health of the LAN, WAN, telephony, multi-function devices & server environments.
- Develop, monitor and maintain service level agreements (SLA).
- Lead problem solving and trouble-shooting initiatives.
- Provide Call Desk Service to handle service requests and fault reports.
- Design, implement and maintain IT and related systems Infrastructure.
- Show visible leadership and commitment in HSSE matters.
- System Integration Management.
- Create IT strategy and vision and manage its implementation.
- Conduct or manage large-scale studies at Functional level.
- Management and co-ordination of all aspects of business data.
- Project management of all IT projects.
- Develop business cases and motivate for approval of large scale IT projects.
- Development of business orientated documentation at the Strategic level.
- Develop and run high level system training workshops.
- Manage database integrity with respect to clean-ups for relevant applications.
People and Leadership Accountabilities:
- Provide effective direction and leadership.
- Meet annual cost and other planned targets.
- Encourage the adoption of values within the company.
- Identify and implement training and succession plans.
- Develop, manage and co-ordinate IT staff.
- Enforce adherence to legal requirements and Policies, Operating Procedures and Instructions.
- Disaster preparedness in IT department.
- Research and development for innovation and systems improvement.
- Information Systems Asset integrity and security.
HSSE and Quality Accountabilities:
- Participate in regular site and activities audits thereby ensuring compliance to HSSE and Quality (IATF) standards, procedures and management system elements.
- Form part of an annual management review of the company’s HSSE-MS and Quality-MS and their performance elements.
- Support of company HSSE and Quality policies, procedures and standards.
- Share best practices and learning.
- Develop and promote cultural shift.
- Report all HSSE incidents.
Essential Skills Required:
- Strong communication skills at all levels.
- Maturity, resilience and assertive.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Strong people management and people motivational skills.
- Problem solving.
- Business controls management.
- Lead and coach cost efficiencies/management behaviours.
- Build shared vision: align team & own goals with organisation’s vision.
- Maximise business opportunities: sound judgement (Risk & Benefit).
- Embrace, lead and embed change.
- Team work.
- Demonstrate courage and self-mastery.
- Motivate, coach and develop others and deliver through others.
- Demonstrate personal effectiveness.
- Lead and coach and cost efficiencies/management behaviours.