Our client, a large listed company, with a large national presence, is current looking for an experience IT Business Risk Manager.
Reporting to the Group Risk & Finance Solutions Manager, the candidate will support key IT and business initiatives that are aligned to business strategy and objectives, whilst managing IT business/commercial risks and governance to optimise value creation; ensure due diligence of 3rd party contract process (as per the risk hierarchy); and ensure procedures/process to facilitate risk management.
- Supporting business risk skill or relevant Finance qualification.
- At least 8 years’ experience in a Mid to Senior IT Business Risk role with Governance experience.
- MS Office (must be strong in Excel and Powerpoint).
Key Performance Areas:
- Develop, implement and apply risk metrics and methodologies, together with monitoring, analysis and reporting on IT business risk and IT project risk exposure.
- Establish and manage the 3rd party vendor contract due diligence process.
- Centralise repository of IT contracts with risk hierarchy to be established.
- Actively monitor compliance with risk management strategies and practices to ensure IT functional and business-related risks are sufficiently managed or mitigated within the business risk tolerance level.
- Ensure IT initiatives adhere to the financial governance strategies, policies, standards and practices that underpin regulatory requirements.
- Vulnerability management.
- Provide guidance for all new projects and initiatives.
- Provide executive summaries regarding all aspects of business risk for management and committees.
- Propagate a risk awareness culture in all areas of IT.
- Design, develop, establish and continually improve operating practices and processes in line with new IT strategy, best practices and proactive risk management practices.
- Drive a Global team view of risk management practices, guidelines and policies – leverage off the Global entities with a view to centres of excellence where resources and excellence reside.
- Adhoc duties as required by management.
The ideal candidate will display the following skills:
- High levels of initiative, energy and motivation are key role requirements.
- Precise planning and excellent organisational/administration skills.
- Exceptional accuracy, extreme attention to detail, quality orientated and self-driven to achieve results.
- High degree of confidentiality, emotional maturity, ethical values and integrity.
- Must have a high stress tolerance and the ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, to interface effectively with all levels of colleagues and with external customers in a team orientated manner.