Our client, a listed entity with a strong national presence, has a 12 month contract for an experienced SAP Authorisations & GRC Consultant.
Reporting to the Divisional Manager, you will manage and be accountable for SAP authorisations and GRC across the Group. You will also be responsible for certain areas of risk and governance within the Group IS environment covering both BAU and projects.
This position is a one-year contract with the potential of extension, depending on the project need.
- CA (SA) or similar.
- SAP authorisations – at least 2 years’ experience is essential with strong auths technical knowledge.
- SAP GRC – at least 2 years’ experience is essential.
- Strong audit experience – at least 3 years’ experience is essential (internal or external).
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Senior role in IT or Business.
- Excellent business process knowledge is required.
- Knowledge of the different authorisation strategies and role design is essential.
- Knowledge and experience in SAP Model Company will be advantageous.
Key Performance Areas:
- Responsible for building new roles in line with company authorisations methodology across all SAP environments for BAU and Projects, e.g. Hana EM, Solman, Fiori.
- Effective staff management to drive optimisation in processes with quality deliverables through strong leadership.
- Researching and applying best practice and sound authorisation techniques to formulate a different authorisation role design strategy and implementing, if required by different SAP Systems or applications or SAP changing technologies, e.g. Researching and providing guidance on best practice for building authorisation roles within new and changing SAP technologies, e.g. moving away from GUI into the Fiori space and applying Developer techniques for role building in the Hana DB.
- Performing operational tasks such as review and approvals of SAP access requests, SOD reviews, effectively managing escalations, audit log / trace review process, review and timely update of GRC and authorisation documentation, etc., endeavouring to align to the IT standards and policies.
- Managing the SAP access and GRC reports process for annual review and ensuring all sign off are received stored electronically.
- Driving and enforcing governance at relevant touch points, e.g. representation at CAB to assess risk, provide guidance, propose mitigations, etc.
- Liaising with Auditors (internal and external) as required.
- Managing budgets and costing and ensuring operation within these parameters including the management of 3rd party services.
- Identifying the required policies and procedures and drawing these up in line with best practice to ensure compliance with published support policies and legislation.
- Identifying risks within new projects/processes as well as within existing processes focussing on security, access controls, business process risks with communication and collaboration with relevant persons across the organisation with a view to mitigate identified risks and designing risk and control matrices.
- Adhoc duties as required by management.
The ideal candidate will display the following skills:
- Team player demonstrating a willingness and ability to provide guidance and support to the team and endeavours to build good team relationships across the various departments.
- Self-starter who can work with little or no supervision.
- Integrity and inspire trust.
- Confident individual who takes responsibility & accountability for outcomes and can form opinions and demonstrates courage of conviction.
- Strong, productive work ethic / striving for high quality deliverables and a willingness to work in unsociable hours when required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills / agile adjustment to audience.
- Ability to see the bigger picture and encourage cross departmental involvement.
- Strong time management skills, prioritisation, and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong leadership skills.