This large pharmaceutical manufacturing company is currently looking for a suitably qualified and experienced Supply and Demand Planning Manager. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, this role is responsible for:
- Overseeing the creation of a constrained supply plan that is based on consensus demand plan and Rough Cut Capacity analysis of Manufacturing.
- Materials management, understanding constraints and making operational decisions that deliver an optimum solution for Finished Goods availability.
- Warehousing/storage of inactive and active raw materials and consumables.
- Managing all demand planning, supply planning and inventory metrics.
- Providing day-to-day direction to the Production Planner, Production Stores Section Head and Stores Section Head.
- Relevant BA, B.Sc or B.Com degree.
- Relevant Supply Chain Certification (APICS/CIPS).
- 5 years Demand Planning or Supply Planning or Warehouse Management with Pharmaceuticals, Food, Beverages, Medical Technology, FMCG or Manufacturing.
- Minimum of 4 years in management role.
- Excellent knowledge of SAP PPPI / MM.
Key Performance Areas:
- Lead the Sales & Operational Planning (S&OP) process and revise annual plan in conjunction with other Business functions to reflect changing market & internal factors.
- Oversee the Production & Packing planning function to deliver the Business Sales Plan.
- Monitor and control inventory of raw materials, in-process materials and finished goods to meet demand.
- Ensure compliance with GMP and other relevant legislation within the Planning and Warehousing function.
- Cost Centre Management by monitoring and reporting expenses against budget. Identifying and motivating for capital expenditure to meet departmental objectives.
- Supervise, mentor, manage, develop and train the Supply Chain team to meet business needs.
- High level of statistical and numerical methods in the analysis of manufacturing and process data.
- Planning and organising.
- Quality focus that encompasses balanced risk and change management.
- Financial acumen.
- Collaboration and Leadership: partnership building and influencing others.
- Initiating action.
- High work standards.
- Written and oral communication skills adequate for technically sound reports, oral presentations and effective interaction in formal and informal management forums, staff meetings and external suppliers.
- Interpersonal skills at all levels from shop floor to senior management.
- Conflict resolution.
- Management experience in a process and warehouse environment
- GMP Compliance – the ten principles in action.
- Ability to work independently.
If you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful.