UNIT MANAGER – PAEDIATRIC WARD
• Ensure comprehensive and quality patient care is delivered to meet the health needs of patients in the unit.
• Oversee the budgetary needs of the unit, including personnel, supplies and other expenses.
• Be responsible for the process of setting up work schedules, delegating assignment and evaluate employee performance.
• Ensure strict adherence to company policies and procedures and be able to apply disciplinary actions against non-compliance if need be.
• Assume a role of a mentor to less experienced nurses, offering clinical and career advice.
• Hold regular staff meetings to provide direction and discuss areas to improve the unit.
• Set-up clearly defined long and short-term goals for the Unit and ensure their implementation thereof.
• B. Cur in Nursing / Diploma in Nursing & Midwifery) or equivalent NQF 7 qualification.
• Diploma in Nursing Administration is advantageous.
• Appropriate qualification for specialist area (Paediatrics) will be to your advantage.
• Registered with the South African Nursing Council.
• Professional Indemnity / Association.
• At least 3 years clinical experience in a Paediatric Ward in a Private Hospital is preferred.
• Has evidence or ability to present material appropriately in a variety of formal and informal setting.
• Has evidence of experience and commitment to education practice.
• Able to function independently.
• Proficiency in English.
• Computer literacy.