An Environmental Monitoring and consulting company (based in Durban) that provides professional Occupational Hygiene consulting services to Manufacturing, Engineering, Agricultural and Mining organisations. We currently have the following career opportunity for an Occupational Hygiene professional based in the Durban area: Occupational Hygienist. The successful candidates for this position will have the following skills and attributions:
· Attention to detail & accuracy
· Ability to work under pressure
· Ability to listen to instruction and provide data entry in a timely and efficient manner
· Must be reliable
· Enthusiastic person who is actively looking to learn and grow, proactive, helpful, can-do attitude
· Acceptable appearance and friendly
· Strong time management, organized, able to work independently and interdependently
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Must show initiative and be proactive
· Being able to multi-tasking is essential
· Ad-hoc Projects in the form of Occupational Hygiene Surveys and basic Risk Assessments, Calibrate OH equipment and instrumentation as per company procedures;
· Compile clear, objective and informative survey reports; and
· Must be willing to travel (locally and internationally);
· Must have own vehicle and valid driver’s licence.
· We are looking for a dynamic young person with a positive attitude, drive, flexibility and an ability to perform well under pressure.
Experience and Qualifications:
· Project Management/Client Management Requirements:
· Have a relevant degree in Natural Sciences or Environmental/Occupational Health – e.g. BSc/BSc Hons/B-Tech/M-Tech;
· Registration with the South African Institute of Occupational Hygiene (SAIOH) as an Occupational Hygiene Technologist;
· A valid Legal Knowledge Certificate; – Previous experience in AIA work will be an advantage;- Be medically fit to work at mines and factories;- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook;
· Minimum 3 years’ experience within a similar position/ field
NO PHONE CALLS NOR WALK-INS WILL BE ACCEPTED!!!
Please send CV to recruitment@ kcmenviro.co.za and await further instructions. If you have not had any correspondence within 14 days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- in a similar position: 3 years (Required)
- Diploma (Required)