RS Recruitment Services is a assisting a Manufacturing company in the MOTOR industry to source a PRODUCTION ENGINEER to be based PROSPECTON, Durban.
Our client has been in existence for over 50 years and provides technologies for water and air purification, contributing towards solving global environmental issues.
Overall Purpose of the Position: To ensure that all products are manufactured with utmost efficiency and quality according to planned protocols using the appropriate technology.
Candidates should be/have:
- A Mechanical/Chemical Engineering degree
- A minimum of 5 years’ manufacturing/production experience
- Skills: PLC, PC, VDA 6.3, IATF 16949.
- Computer literate – MS Office with excellent Excel skills
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and decisiveness
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Accurate information gathering and analysis
- Initiative, sense of urgency and desire to create long-lasting organisational change.
- Introduction of New Projects
- Monitoring production condition and making improvements
- Compiling reports on departmental activities and trials
- Supporting relevant departments to achieve company goals
- Assisting production with trouble shooting and problem solving
- Prepare work instructions, FMEA, Control Plans etc.
- Co-ordinate and track engineering changes
- Conduct training for new process/product introduction
- Ensure safe working procedures are followed
- Ensure compliance with management Systems requirements-IATF 16949, ISO 1400 etc.
- Measuring and reporting on objectives and targets
- Initiating of and participation in corrective, preventative and improvement projects
- R27k to R35k basic negotiable. Plus, pension fund, disability benefit, medical aid and annual bonus.
Please, only apply if you meet all the criteria for this position.
- Send your CV in MS Word format.
- Include a head and shoulders photo of yourself.
- Complete the application form which may be sent to you.
- If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.