At the heart of QIAGEN’s business is a vision to make improvements in life possible.
We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started out as and have today achieved a size where we can bring our full power to many initiatives and to our presence across the globe.
Our most valuable asset are our employees – more than 5000 in over 35 locations around the world. Our ambition is to ensure we have outstanding and passionate people working in the best teams and we are constantly looking for new talent to join us.
There are few players who have shaped the world of modern science and healthcare as much as QIAGEN, and we have only just started.
If you are looking to advance your career, are seeking new challenges and opportunities, enjoy working in dynamic and international, diverse teams and want to make a real impact on people’s lives, then QIAGEN is where you need to be.
Join us. At QIAGEN, you make a difference every day.
We are currently recruiting for a Customer Solutions Manager to sell our QIAGEN product portfolio to customers in South Africa.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Sales Revenues/Budgets: Meet/ Exceed sales targets. Increase sales by actively selling to end users. Responsible for full range of product portfolio.
- Planning/Forecasting: Plan, forecast and achieve objectives, key performance indicators and revenue forecasts for their business.
- Business/Markets development: Drive and initiate development of new business opportunities and references in capital equipment sales and reagent rentals. Upselling, including additional menu and cross selling.
- Customer focus: Maintain and develop relationships with key customers and references. Increase customer satisfaction.
- Information systems: Utilise the CRM database (SFDC) to input and provide information that will increase effectiveness “in front of” the customer and aid sales.
- Communication: Organisation of meetings/communication channels to ensure effective communication across business units.
- Supporting other specialists and representatives and developing tactical plans to maximize revenues.
- Technical support: new sales support, provide equipment demos, Support customer throughout product lifecycle and provide customer product training as needed (eg, setting up instruments, training customers, troubleshoot and solve problems).
- Minimum education: Bachelor of Science, Biomedical Laboratory Sciences or equivalent experience
- Strong sales experience and knowledge of IVD Pathology and relevant markets
- Proven experience of relevant laboratory techniques
- Knowledge of Molecular Biology would be beneficial Sales Force (SFDC) CRM experience considered as a plus.
- Excellent communication skills at all business levels
- Fluency in English is mandatory for this position.
- Willingness to travel across the region of South Africa (around 60-70%).
What we offer
At the heart of QIAGEN are our people who drive our success. We act with passion, always challenging the status quo to drive innovation and continuous improvement. We inspire with our leadership and make an impact with our actions. We create a collaborative, safe and engaging workplace which forms the basis for high performing individuals and teams. We drive accountability and entrepreneurial decision-making and want you to excel your growth and shape the future of QIAGEN.
QIAGEN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, or disability.