The School of Health Sciences wishes to appoint an Academic who will contribute actively to
undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, learning, research and community engagement.
Candidates will be required to do administration.
- All applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy
- A relevant PhD in Pharmacy Practice or a related discipline
- Registration with the South African Pharmacy Council as Pharmacist (minimum 5-year post
registration experience as a practicing pharmacist)
- Demonstrated competence in facilitating learning at undergraduate and postgraduate
- Proven experience of postgraduate research supervision;
- Appropriate clinical experience.
Computer literacy in Microsoft office packages (especially Excel and Power point
Valid code 08 driver’s license
- Teaching, Research and Administration as applicable in the University criteria guidelines and
The above posts will report to the Academic Leader of the discipline. Enquiries regarding this post
may be directed to Dr PMO Owira on 031 260 7720 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The relevant job
profile is available from Mr Mpembe on 031- 260 7886 or email: email@example.com
Candidates who had applied previously do not need to re-apply.
The appointment will be on the January 2018 Conditions of services.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 19th September 2020. The University, however, reserves
the right to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further
searches. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Applicants are required to complete the relevant application form which is available on the
Vacancies website at www.ukzn.ac.za.
Completed forms may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org Advert reference number must be
clearly stated in the subject line.